The annual HICF 5K, which is a fall event that raises money for the Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation, is going virtual this year in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Locally famous for its wave of pink-infused participants who traditionally follow a 3.1-mile course through the heart of Kinnakeet Shores, this year, runners and walkers can join in the race from wherever they call home.
“We are excited for HICF’s first virtual run and hope to host more in the future, with [the] uncertainty of the ‘new normal,’” stated the organization in a recent announcement. “This run will be available Columbus weekend from 8 a.m. Friday, October 9, until 8 a.m. Tuesday, October 13.”
The cost will be $35.00 per individual, but participants are encouraged to run in groups of at least four members at a cost of $30.00 per person.
The event will also feature a fun run for 2020 that is one mile. The cost for the fun run is $20.
“Even though this is a virtual event, we still want to see everyone’s participation and crazy pink outfits, and ask [you] to tag us on Facebook [at] Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation,” stated organizers. “We have a new t-shirt design that will be mailed out to all participants. Local pick up will be available on October 1 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the parking lot of Conner’s Supermarket, and all other shirts will be mailed on October 2.”
“Thank you for your support and participation, we look forward to seeing your virtual 5K journey!”
For more information on the virtual HICF 5K and Fun Run, visit the event’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/733523847378159/.
Participants can also sign up for the race online at https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Avon/PositivelyPink5K.
All proceeds go to benefit the Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation, which is an all-volunteer non-profit organization that provides support for cancer patients and their families who live on Hatteras Island.
TO DONATE OR SPONSOR:
If you would like to donate to this cause, click here or mail a check to P.O. Box 442, Hatteras, NC 27943.
Levels of Sponsorship:
$1,000 GOLD SPONSORSHIP:
• Business Name on T-shirts Listed Under Gold Sponsor
• Facebook shout out as a Gold Sponsor
• Business name listed under Gold Sponsor in Island Free Press article
$500 SILVER SPONSORSHIP:
• Business Name on T-shirts Listed Under Silver Sponsor
• Facebook shout out as a Silver Sponsor
• Business name listed under Silver Sponsor in Island Free Press article
$200 BRONZE SPONSORSHIP:
• Business Name on T-shirts Listed Under Bronze Sponsor
• Facebook shout out as a Bronze Sponsor
• Business name listed under Bronze Sponsor in Island Free Press article
$100 GOOD NEIGHBOR SPONSORSHIP:
• Business Name on T-shirts Listed Under Good Neighbor Sponsor
• Facebook shout out as a Good Neighbor Sponsor
• Business name listed under Good Neighbor Sponsor in Island Free Press article
If you would like to sponsor this race, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or mail a check to P.O. Box 442, Hatteras, NC 27943.